Friday 9 January 2009

Marmalade

Had a whole day at home processing marmalade today. Good oportunities for DS1 to do a bit of maths whilst weighing oranges and sugar and then packing boxes of jars in mulitples of 4 etc.. not to mention working out profits and costs! We washed and packed over 200 recycled jam jars and made a batch (30 jars) of the stuff. More to follow as I've got another farm shop lined up for sales.

I decided to pay him for his help today - £1 per hour with 10p deductions for every complaint. He didn't earn a heap but it's a start and he was certainly excited by the possibility.

I'm itching to start getting photos up here but I've a good 60 boxes to unpack before I find the necessary cables - bear with me.

3 comments:

  1. I'll bring my camera on Monday if you like. Great news about the maths and marmalade. Sounds like a good curriculum to me.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What food would you like me to bring tomorrow. I am currently making some apple chutney to celebrate Plough Monday (I bought the Steiner books as you can see) so I will bring some of that along with some muffins and some lovely organic cherry toms that were in our box. Anything else?
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds wonderful. I don't think you need to bring any more - thank you! Is there anything we could do about Plough Monday (I'll have a look in my books too) I wonder?

    ReplyDelete